Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Memorial of a Life Well Lived for Christ


Sunday, November 23rd, the day of Allan's memorial service, turned out to be a beautiful, crisp day and full of God’s love. We had the joy of the presence of family and friends and the knowledge that dad’s life was a life well lived. The Rotunda, Main Lodge, and Good Shepherd were all packed. Words could not express how much dad had been a spiritual father to so many.

We paid tribute to the patriarch of the family and the founder of CRC with sadness and joy. Pastor Allan was a spiritual giant in his day, who fulfilled God’s purposes for his life in his generation. We are convicted and convinced that we can do no less for our Savior. Allan was an example to us. Now it is up to us to pick up the baton and carry on the task, being godly leaders in our areas of influence in our day. As Allan always said, “You are no ordinary person; God is going to use you, that you will see people with His eyes, hear people with His ears and love people with His love. Remember, the best is yet to come!”

All of the family would like to thank you, our dear friends, from the bottom of our hearts for your love expressed in your kind posts, phone calls, memorial gifts, and letters. We love you, and may God be with you until we meet again!




Video courtesy of Carina Wood. Thank you Carina!

4 comments:

Rooted Renaissance Girl said...

We were encouraged and inspired by both Allan and Eunice. What a gift to be given the autobiography of your lives! Thank you. We are so grateful that we had the chance to meet Allan and experience the CRC before his passing.

Our love to you as you grieve and miss him here on earth.

Andrew & Christy Nordstrom

Kathy I. said...

When I first had the great pleasure of meeting Allan I felt as though I was looking into the face of God. Allan had the most amazing ability to treat each person with dignity, respect and without judgement, only unconditional love. His face radiated the love of the Father to every person he met. His infectious love of life and joy gave us a glimpse of the Father's loving playfulness. Meeting Allan was a turning point in my relationship with my Lord. I saw the Father's unconditional love in the person of Allan poured out on anyone who had the blessing of being in his presence.
I have fond memories of camp at CRC with my children and they of course loved Allan and Ilsa.
I know we will all miss not having Allan physically present with us any longer, but I know we will hear his voice as he whispers lovingly in our ears that which the Father wants us to know. And of course his precious memory will always be in our hearts. I know that when we leave this earth Allan will be there to welcome us into the eternal love of the Father.

Dear Eunice and family I pray the Father wraps you in His comfort and love during the sad times your heart will encounter and that you will be bathed in only the grace He can provide. I pray the memory of Allan's goodness, laugher and joy will fill your hearts and make you smile. My blessings on you all.
Kathy Ivanoff

Anonymous said...

I first met Allan and Eunice in the spring of 1971 I guess it was at Renewal House in L.A. My life would never be the same. Thank God for men of faith.
Tom Willis

Unknown said...

I just learned of Pastor Hansen's death today and I wanted to leave a comment for Eunice and the Hansen family. Pastor Hansen was the single most influential person in my life. I have 4 children, 4 "children-in-law," 11 grand children and 8 great-grandchildren and all are following Christ due to the impact Pastor Hansen had on my and my husband's life (Bob Hansen). I often think about a circumstance when a stranger came in to the church who had been drinking and who was beligerent. This stranger slapped Pastor Hansen on the face and Pastor Hansen simply turned his head the other direction. When Pastor would tell this story he would related it to how we are to "turn the other cheek" according to the Bible. Pastor Hansen lived what he preached; he was a perfect example of "Jesus with skin on." I am sad to think of Pastor not with us, but have joy knowing he is with our Lord and Savior.

Connie Hansen